The Tri-Golf rap was put together by a young DJ from Bristol. The filming took place at a special training day for young volunteers.
The Golf Foundation is committed to working in partnership with the education sector and meeting the needs of teachers in schools. Under the banner of 'HSBC Golf Roots', it operates a variety of initiatives designed to promote and support the development of junior golf through schools, and further the principle of 'Golf through Education - Education through Golf'.
Tri-Golf was developed to enable golf to be delivered to primary school children by teachers within the school environment. A range of fun-based games and activities have been developed and resource material is available linked to the curriculum. As well as delivery through schools, Tri-Golf can also be used in almost any environment to inspire and motivate children - indoors, outdoors, inner city areas, rural areas, leisure centres, open public events, shopping centres and so on.
Golf Xtreme gives young people in secondary schools the chance to experience golf. As with Tri-Golf, there is a range of games and activity, as well as curriculum-linked resources.
These initiatives enable schools to work together through the network of school clusters to create structures and pathways that link the school-based activity to follow-on activity based at golf facilities in the local area.
Underpinning all of this work is the belief that golf can be a powerful vehicle in terms of helping children and young people to develop important life skills and personal qualities - Skills for Life.
- 18 Feb 2013 | Golf Foundation welcomes development of new Safeguarding Children in Golf website
- 15 Feb 2013 | Golf in schools: competitive, innovative, educational and inclusive
- 05 Feb 2013 | PGA Pro Mark Boscott lands key job in Golf Foundation development team
- 06 Dec 2012 | Nominate the best in grass roots junior golf for prestigious Golf Foundation Awards
- 24 Oct 2012 | Golf Foundation project to help disadvantaged youngsters hailed as a success
- 18 Oct 2012 | 94% of County Sport Partnerships have embraced golf for the School Games
- 18 Oct 2012 | Adapted golf format to be a boost for SEN/disabled youngsters
- 18 Oct 2012 | Golf Xtreme has new informal feel to encourage all players
- 18 Oct 2012 | Satellite club strategy will create progressive links between schools and golf clubs
- 26 Jan 2012 | New golf program for disabled children
- 15 Jul 2011 | Open players accept the Tri-Golf challenge and demonstrate their support of the Golf Foundation
- 07 Jul 2011 | Schools show their ‘Open Championship’ skills and spirit at Loughborough University
- 05 Jul 2011 | British schools compete for their ‘Open Championship’ at Loughborough University
- 16 May 2011 | Golf Roots the driving force to reach one million youngsters
- 16 May 2011 | Shrewsbury youngsters off to a perfect start
- 10 Jan 2011 | Golf to play key role in school competition development
- 09 Jan 2011 | New ‘Science of Golf’ in schools powers learning!
- 07 Jan 2011 | Scottish youngsters to enjoy Golf Xtreme boost
- 03 Feb 2010 | Still time to nominate for Golf Foundation awards
- 24 Jun 2009 | Woosie and Rocca wow local school kids to mark the launch of the De Vere Collection PGA Seniors Championship
- 22 Apr 2009 | School Video Competition
- 09 Mar 2009 | Golf Foundation’s most productive year yet
- 04 Mar 2009 | Golf Honours Its Hard-Working Volunteers
- 04 Feb 2009 | Titleist supports junior golf and the future of the golf industry
- 26 Jan 2009 | Pride Golf Tee’s fourth year of support for Golf Foundation
- 15 Jan 2009 | Golf Xtreme warms up teachers during the big freeze
- 09 Oct 2008 | Golf Foundation generates growth in secondary school golf
- 03 Sep 2008 | ‘Golf for Girls’ is a winner
- 03 Sep 2008 | Every Kent primary school gets a taste of golf
- 09 Jul 2008 | Open putting challenge for youngsters
- 02 Jul 2008 | The European Tour supports Golf Foundation to provide junior golf experience at The European Open
- 11 Jun 2008 | St Helens is a golfing hotbed!
- 09 Jun 2008 | Golf Foundation hunts for new golfers on the islands
- 22 May 2008 | Golf Foundation Awards recognise the leading lights
- 08 May 2008 | Golf Foundation hunts for new golfers on the islands
- 06 Mar 2008 | PGA Pro teaches golf to 200 Perthshire children introduced to golf this term
- 04 Mar 2008 | Junior golf festival for Cumbernauld kids
- 12 Feb 2008 | Golf Foundation backing for Scottish golf initiative
- 21 Jan 2008 | Golf Foundation shows how teamwork can have great results for junior golf